KPTA Mission Statement
Through building relationships and influencing others, the mission of the KPTA is to lead, educate, mentor and respond to the dynamic needs and interests of its membership.
The KPTA is a member-driven organization that promotes the profession of physical therapy in Kentucky.
- Continue to support continued competency requirements for maintenance of certification and licensure.
- Involve grass roots membership in the legislative process to achieve the KPTA and APTA legislative agenda.
- Review/revise the membership benefit structure to demonstrate value added benefits to members and potential members.
- Continue to design, develop and present high quality, affordable educational opportunities for members at least twice per year.
- Continue current statewide public relations efforts and develop district level programming to increase knowledge and benefit of physical therapy to others.
- Explore all forms of communication (including electronic) to increase member knowledge of the KPTA activities, programs, and opportunities, and facilitate involvement of members and potential members by determining preferred channels of communications.
- Continue to anticipate, communicate and prepare members to respond and/or influence changes in reimbursement.
- Balance the operating budget to maintain/increase year-end financial reserves.